CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Race for the Cure


This past Saturday my sisters, mom, and I continued the tradition of running the 5k for the race for the cure. It is always such an amazing experience. It's a little overwhelming to see how many people this horrible disease affects. There were around 18,000 people there and most of them have family or friends who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. It's always a really neat experience to see people ban together like that. Hopefully we will be able to keep this tradition alive for a really long time:)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah, I am so excited you guys all have blogs too! Congrats on the 5K. I want to start running so bad.

Robyn Reynolds said...

That is so great of you!!! I have 2 aunts who had breast cancer. 1 passed away from it and it was very sad. You guys are great for running in it.

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

That is so cool. My Mom and Dad went and did that too (well, they did the walking part not the 5K run). I bet it is pretty emotional to see all of the survivors and all of the family of people who have passed away. You and your mom and sisters look so cute!

Heidi said...

That is cool. Running is something I do from time to time, but it's hard to keep up!

Stephanie said...

i bet that was really fun!