CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Available Babies and Amazing Photos

So I have a couple of random, yet important things to blog about...

First off, I was in Heart to Heart (our adoption agency) today showing Milo off, and the girls there mentioned their need for families. They have 3 african american boys that are being born very soon and no families to place them with. They are a GREAT, trustworthy agency and we had a very positive experience with them. If you know anyone who might be interested in these babies, please get in touch with them. This is their website http://hearttoheartadoptions.com/ . Also, I would be very happy to answer any questions i can about them. There is always such a huge need for families who are willing to adopt African American babies, and since we are huge believers in transracial adoption, I thought I'd see if we can help find homes for these little buddies.
Second random thing. Check out these amazingly beautiful photos.
My sister-in-law Stephanie is a very talented photographer and she shot these photos of Milo last week. Check out her photo blog here http://blackbirdbeauty.blogspot.com/. The photo at the top of my blog came from that shoot and we were totally thrilled with how the pics turned out. If you need photos of your kids, family, dog :), you should definitely check her out. Thanks again Steph!

13 comments:

Just the 3 of us said...

Beautiful pictures! He is soo handsome. I love his little face, I just want to squeeze him :) he's so cute!

Stephanie said...

Oh, that breaks my heart that there are 3 babies and no families for them! It makes me want to call them and take one! And thanks for the little advertisement for my photos, It's easy to take pictures of such a cute little guy and his beautiful mom.

Robyn Reynolds said...

Those photos are beautiful. I really hope they find good families for those sweet babies. He really is so cute.

Linds Forrest said...

I don't know if you'll remember me or not from high school but two seperate people have called me since you have had your sweet baby boy. My brother has been trying to adopt for almost 2 years and I forwarded him this post. I am so glad everything worked out so great for you, that really is so awesome!! Congrats! And thank you for sharing that info for adoptive parents, hopefully it helps my brother! Congrats again!
-Lindsey (Jacobs) Forrest

sadie said...

oh emily such beautiful pictures!! i love the one of him in the basket w/ orange and the one in your banner. LOVE THEM!!

when can we get together??

Andrea Harper said...

First of all, I literally am teary eyed thinking about those sweet little babies needing homes! I have a friend I work with that really wants to adopt, so I will for sure pass on this info! (I'm not sure they can afford to adopt just yet though :( so I will see)

Second of all, Stephanie kicks a$$ at taking pictures!! She friggin rocks. And like she said, she had BEAUTIFUL people to take them of :)

I'm so happy for you and your famiy!

Sariah said...

I love Your Pictures! You look amazing and your Milo adorable. My favorite is the one you now have as your blog header. I'll have to give stephanie a pat on the back next time I see her.

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Cute, cute, cute! the pictures are adorable. Both me and Kaden are better from our colds so we are in the clear to see your baby. I will give you a call.

Jodi said...

Ok, I am dying right now at these pictures!!! You are beautiful and so is your babe... Your sis-in-law is extremely talented!! So happy for you, EM!!! Are we doing lunch soon??

Michelle said...

She did do such a great job, I love the pics. He is so dang cute. And to think that you waited so long for this cute little guy and now there are three more waiting. I am still so excited for you guys and think that he is the cutest baby ever!

Heidi said...

I love the one of you reaching across to touch him. If we ever adopt, we may go the African American route. He is just so sweet.

Julia Halls said...

Hey Emily! Long time no talk. Will you do me a favor and email me about your experience? My brother and sister-in-law, have been trying to have kids since they got married, almost 7 years ago, and haven't been able to get pregnant. They would be amazing parents, but look at adoption as kind of, giving up, on having kids of their own. It's a hard topic for us to bring up with them, because they want kids so badly, but I thought if I know someone who adopted and had a really positive experience, maybe I could just pass the information on. Milo is beautiful, congratulations! My email is, juliasanders10@hotmail.com.
Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
My husband and I just met with Heart to Heart (Megan to be exact) and we love them! She let us know about the families blogs posted on their website, which is where we found you! We love your photos and how open you are about your experience. I am hoping you wouldn't mind talking me to further about your experiences. We will be putting in our application this week and are open to any baby, which means we are prepping for an AA baby. My email is funny.girl.11@hotmail.com, and ironically, my name is Megan too.

Thanks!