CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Different every single day



This is the quickest way to update everyone on how things are going with Milo and to answer a few questions some of you had... So, first off, things are great! Wonderful! Spectacular! Amazing!Seriously Milo is the best baby. He is sleeping 3-4 hours at night and he only cries when he is hungry (I have a feeling he's going to get pretty large, pretty fast:) or if he has a dirty diaper. Jeff and I are are more than happy to get up with him. That's one of the many beautiful things about adopting. You wait so freaking long for this little guy, that you just simply do not sweat the small stuff. Another great thing is I am in the best shape I've been in for a lot of years, and I don't have to recover from the after effects of giving birth :)


So many of you have come to visit and we are so grateful for all the love and support everyone around us has shown. Adoption is one of those things that really unites people and brings them together in a very positive way.


For those of you who are wondering, we have a pretty open adoption. Tiffany (milo's birth mom) will get letters and pictures from us at least once a month, and she will be sending us pictures and letters as well. We even talk on the phone from time to time. We are big advocates of open adoption and are excited to continue to build the relationship we have with Tffany. I've said it before, but I will continue to say it forever, she is an AMAZING woman and we want Milo to know about her and her incredible selflessness.


Please continue to send your questions and although this may seem a little random, if you know someone who is thinking of adopting, is in the middle of it, or just has questions, please please please do not hesitate to give them my number. Jeff and I would have loved to have someone to talk to during our crazy journey, and if we can be that for someone else we would love it!

9 comments:

Meggie Stevens said...

He is so cute. I just called Marty and told him to look at your blog so he could see the pictures of Milo. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

The Jensen's said...

I have been check for updateS daily! I am just so excited for you guys! Milo is the cutest thing ever! Keep those pictures coming!

Just the 3 of us said...

Congratulations Emily! he is such a cute, handsome baby! by the way this is Lauren Thomas, I went to Jordan with you, hopefully you remember me :)
But I just wanted to say congrats and let you know that I have 2 little half black babies, their dad is black, so even though I didn't adopt, we have our little black babies in common :)
Good luck with being a new mama! I'm sure you will do awesome! If you would like to see my blog, send me an email with your email and I can send you an invite. Lauren906@gmail.com

The Lee Adventure said...

I am so so Happy for you and Jeff! He is absolutly hansome! I can't express how greatful I am for adaption in my own life, and How happy I am for you and your sweet family, and the wonderful adventure you on! Congratulations!!

The Dummers said...

He is so stinking handsome! Thanks for the update and the pics!

Michelle said...

I was so excited to see and hold him. He is so dang cute. I love the pic at the top of your blog. He was such a trooper the other day with everyone passing him around. Lets plan on the 23rd at my place for a little birthday bbq for scott and jeff and then watch the fights.

Meggie Stevens said...

I am still not over the fact that I got the FLU and could not come on Saturday. I was crying when I called Calli to let her know. I am so sorry. Well anyway. I kept my gift so that I had an excuse to come out and see you this week to bring it. Briar started throwing up last night so I will watch Willow and maybe I can come out later this week once I know for sure we are not contagious anymore. I'll call you on Wednesday to see if we can set something up. Talk to you soon!

Heidi said...

He is just so precious. It was so fun to see you on Saturday - and I also think you are pretty darn lucky to not have to worry about baby weight gain! I have been telling everyone about little Milo. What an incredible blessing.

P.S. Carly and I were just sitting back and admiring your chicness at the shower - the vest and the boots over the skinny jeans - such a great look for you and you look awesome!

Allie and Trenton said...

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. I NEED TO SEE HIM AGAIN BECAUSE HE NEVER WOKE UP WHEN WE WERE AT THE SHOWER!! I WANT TRENT TO SEE HIM TOO! I KEEP TALKING ABOUT HIM :)
LOVE YA,
ALLIE