CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Hi, I'm Milo


Well folks, as I'm sure you have all heard Jeff and I are finally, finally, finally parents!! Our crazy long journey is finally over. Our son Milo was born on April 21st at 2:07pm. Our wonderful birth mom Tiffany allowed us to be there every step of the way. She chose us last week and we were able to have a phone conference with her then, and we had a wonderful dinner with her monday night. She is a truly amazing woman. She and Jeff have so much in common, and we felt so comfortable from day one. She went in first thing Tuesday morning to be induced and we met her at the hospital around 10:00. She allowed us to be in the room with her all morning. She is seriously the toughest woman ever. She was like, No I probably won't get an epideral, but finally the pain got intense enough that she did. She went to sleep and about 2 hours later, Milo was born. She allowed me to feed him his first bottle, put on his first diaper, and hold him for the rest of the day. Then jeff and I went to the nursery with him to watch the nurse give him his first bath and do his little check up. It was a truly amazing day. On wednesday, Tiffany spent a very special day alone with Milo, and on Thursday morning we met again at the hospital to sign all the final paperwork. Watching Tiffany say goodbye to Milo was by far the hardest thing we have ever, ever had to go through. She was so strong. Jeff and I had a very hard time and there were a lot of conflicting emotions, but in the end it was a very beautiful day. We are so grateful to Tiffany for giving us a chance to be parents. We will never forget her or this amazing week.

Me, Tiffany (our beautiful birth mom, Milo, and Jeff)
And now....he's home!!!! And he's ours!!!! Yay!!



We just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has supported us through this crazy adoption process. You know who you are and this would absolutely not have been possible without your love, support, and prayers. Thank you thank you thank you!! We love you so much!

18 comments:

Carly said...

Em, I have been waiting for this post! He is beautiful! I cannot wait to meet the little man, and I am so freaking excited for you!

Unknown said...

congradulations!
I'm a birthmother and it's wonderful to hear other adoptions stories.
I'm so happy for your family!

Christina said...

Emily! This is Christina (Affeltranger) Swenson. I am so thrilled for you and your new little family. Adoption is such a beautiful thing. What agency did you go through? I worked at LDSFS in SLC for a while as an adoption SW. Birthmoms are amazing people. I am so happy for you guys!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations again!!! Can't wait to see your little boy! How big is he?

Tara said...

Just so you know I am crying right now. Milo is seriously so beautiful and you guys look so happy! We are so happy for you two! We can't wait to meet the little guy! PS who is throwing you a shower?

Lovin_R_Babies said...

Congratulations Emily!! That is so exciting! You will find that being a mom is the hardest, but most rewarding thing you'll ever do! You're a darling mom, and he's lucky to have you as his mom! Congrats again!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

He's beautiful. I am so happy that you guys are parents. Rob and I are both so excited for you guys. We love ya.

The Jensen's said...

I have tears of joy running down my face!! I am so happy for you, Jeff and Milo! Your little family has been through so much to get to this great place. What a strong and amazing women Milo birthmother is. She definently made a wonderful choice selecting the two of you!! I am so HAPPY for you!

Heidi Wing said...

Congrats!! What a neat experience you guys just had. Enjoy every min of it. being a mom is the best thing in the world! Im so happy for you!!

Sariah said...

That is so neat you could go through the whole delivery experience, I am so happy for you two! He is so dang cute! I'm excited to hold him. You two have waited a long time for that little man! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

OH MY GOSH! I had no idea. I'm so happy for you. What a cutie! I'm excited to see the little guy. And I love the name Milo!

Stephanie said...

AAHH He's so cute! I can't wait to come see him! Congratulations again. Love you guys!

Robyn Reynolds said...

He is so beautiful! I have been calling you for days to see what you need so you will have to let me know. I am so excited for you it's insane. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Erinn said...

Oh Congratulations! What a handsome little guy!

Anonymous said...

Emily I got teary eyed. I know it's been tough but it's so worth it. I can't wait to meet the little guy. Maybe once you guys are a little more settled I could come over to see you guys:) Let me know!

Michelle said...

Emily, He is beautiful. I can't wait to see him. I am so excited for you guys!

Andrea Harper said...

Oh my, he is ADORABLE. I am so happy that you two finally get to be parents!!! And to such a beautiful little boy. What an amazing experience. I have been able to witness it all the other way around, with 2 of my friends being the birth moms (and let's just say that these women get a ticket STRAIGHT to heaven) but never the other way around. I can't even imagine what you guys must be feeling! I'm sosososo happy for you! :) I can't decide if it's rude to ask whether you guys did an open or closed adoption?

So if it IS rude, just pretend I never said it....:)

Shelly said...

Emily --
So happy for you! Cant' wait to meet Milo and his cute Mom. When's lunch? Congrats!!
xoxo
shelly