CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Girls Week - Chapter 2 - Vegas!!


So we made it back from our awesome trip to Vegas. It was SO fun! There are so many stories and since I'm at work, so little time.... So just a few highlights. We saw an amazing magic show at Planet Hollywood. Cheyenne got called up on stage and was part of the show. She looked so cute up there and the magic was mind boggling. We rode the rollercoaster at New York, New York and my mom did it without crying this time.
(Last time she was in tears even before we got on) We were so proud of her. We snuck Sage into a karaoke bar with the help of some rugby players from Reno (she's the only one under 21) and together she and I sang a radical round of Ice, Ice baby to about 50 drunk people. It was hilarious. It's amazing the things you dare to do if you know no one but your sisters and your mom are going to remember it. Have you ever noticed how many creeps there are in Vegas? Well we sure did. We couldn't walk more than 10 feet on the BLVD w/out being hooted or hollered at. It is probably a good place to go if you have low self esteem. We stayed right on the strip as usual thanks to our grandparents who have a really nice condo that they let us use. And of course the best part of all, we ate at the Planet Hollywood (formerly the Aladdin) buffet, because you can't go to Vegas and not eat crab legs at a nice buffet. Like most of our trips we were laughing hysterically every second, this time thanks in large part to my mom. She was being so funny!!! At one point during karaoke she was in the middle of about 15 dancing rugby players doing the pony.

If you know my mom, then you can totally picture it. Pure entertainment:) All in all it was one of the best trips we've been on, we just wished Steph could have come. I'm so glad I have sisters and a mom who I count among my best friends because I know how rare that is :)

14 comments:

Carly said...

Em, that sounds awesome! I love the visual of your mom doing the pony. Love it!

The Jensen's said...

Vegas baby!! How fun is that!! We almost went down to Vegas last weekend for some fun and Cheesecake Factory! Now I am soo jealous! Sounds like you had a blast!!

Heidi said...

So fun! How true is it that going to Vegas will boost your self esteem. And how sad. :( I'm glad you had a blast - it is very rare to have your mom and sisters as best friends - I am also blessed to have that. You are all beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Well I would be yelling stuff at you too look at you guys!! Remember how all of our guy friends would always say your mom is a milf LOL that's funny.

Stephanie said...

good times mother f-er! hahaha jk jk jk jk. i'm pooped i missed you but i was wondering if this thursday night you guys wanted to come over to watch a mooovie 'cause levi's going to the stupid football game.

Stephanie said...

missed out, not missed you, although i did miss you. but that's not what i meant.

Calli Hayman said...

Ha! I loved your stories at the gym! You guys are crazy and so much fun!!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

I am glad to see your girls trips to Las Vegas continue. It seems like you guys have been doing that for years. No grandma this time??? You're cute, you're fam is cute, love ya all!

Robyn Reynolds said...

That sounds so fun. Your family is so cute that you girls all went and did that.

Natalie & Luke said...

Hello! So your hubby was nice and came over to meet me at work today. And then I started thinking, I haven't seen you in years! How are you?? What have you been up to?

Michelle said...

Sounds like a blast. I would have paid just to watch you guys. Everyone in your family has such a good sense of humor.

Carly said...

Saturday the 25....sometime that night...all the girls and hubbies...you in?

Tracy said...

I promise your mom had as much fun as you did. You are lucky girls to have such a great mom. We certainly have fun at our Cafe Rio lunches.

Stephanie said...

well aren't you popular, miss i have 13 going on 14 comments on my blog. anyway, thanks for your comments, they were nice, and yes, she's awesome and has the cutest personality ever. after you guys adopt a child you should TOTALLY go to her for a photo shoot. she does really good newborn stuff too. i'm sorry if i talk too much about the adoption thing, but i honestly, sincerely am just so excited for you guys. 'cause even if it's not next week, next month or even within the next year, you WILL adopt a child in the future and i just can't wait.