CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Calm After the Storm

I just wanted to do a quick post to thank everyone for your love and support these last couple of days. For those of you who are unaware of the craziness that has been our lives for the past few days, I will fill you in briefly. We got a call on Monday from our adoption agency telling us they had a potential match for us and could they send our profile to a birth mom in Michigan who was already dialated to a 5? We of course were so excited and said yes. Then we held our breath. Early the next morning we had a brief conference call with the birth mom and she let us know she had picked us. We were so excited!! We knew it would be any day so we rushed around making a zillion calls and tried to get our house ready. Well about 10:00pm that evening our agency called to tell us our birth mom was in labor. Jeff's parents were kind enough to allow us to use some of their frequent flier miles, we booked a flight and we were off early the next morning. Well the short version of what happened next is we got to Michigan on Weds night, and found out as we were getting ready to go to the hospital the next morning that the birth mom had decided against placing. It was a really awful time and made even worse because we were a long way away from our family and friends who we rely on for support. We decided to drive home (about 1500 miles or 24 hours) to spend some time by ourselves and heal. It was very healing to just drive and be able to talk. It's funny how easy it is to find beauty in the most heart wrenching of times. I saw my first sunset without mountains, and could have cried it was so beautiful and lasted so long.
And the scenery we passed on the way home was, at times, breath taking. Jeff and I are doing much better and just crossing our fingers that another situation will present itself soon. Thank you again for all of your love, and all of your prayers. They were very needed and very felt. We love you all!!

9 comments:

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

oh my emily, I am so so so sorry! I have heard this story before with other friends, but seriously I feel for you guys and I know you will be blessed soon!

Carly said...

Emily, I am SO sorry! I can't even begin to understand how you must feel, but please know that you are loved, and we are praying for a baby to come soon!

Calli Hayman said...

wwwwweeeeee lllllloooooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee yyyyyyooooooooouuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

We've been thinking about you guys a lot. All good things are worth the wait. If you ever need to get away again to see some more of the beautiful country, I-70 is the way to do it, and guess what! We live off of I-70, have an extra room and are very close to some awesome hot springs, and an amusement park of sorts, (I think it might be somewhat educational) it would be fun! We love you guys and will keep you in our prayers.

Unknown said...

It's going to happen!!! You two are so strong hang in there. Your in our prayers.

Andrea Harper said...

I'm so sorry! I can't imagine what a painful time it's been for you guys. It takes some strong people to go through that.

Sariah said...

oh Em, After how excited I felt for you when you had been chosen, and the sadness and disappointment I felt after it fell through, I got to thinking about your excitment/ dissappoinment and I know it was intensified by 100 times actually personaly going through it, I can't even imagine. I love you and Jeff, and we keep you two in our prayers.

Robyn Reynolds said...

I can't even tell you how sorry I am. I put your names on the prayer list at the temple and pray for you daily. I just keep thinking you must be some of the strongest people alive for Heavenly Father to keep testing you like this. You will make amazing parents. Please let me know if you need anything.