CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

What the?????

Whose ready for a shock? So when Jeff and I started the adoption process about a million people told us stories of someone they knew getting preggers right after they adopted. At the time we were like, " Yeah, yeah, blah, blah. Well that's not going to be us. We have a wierd-o uterus, no ovulation, and a few other factors we're dealing with here." And then the thought left our minds. Well imagine our suprise when 4 weeks ago Jeff finally conviced me to buy a pregnancy test (after about 3 weeks of non-stop sickness, emotional outburts, and certain body parts getting noticably larger ha ha ha) the second line appeared before I had even finished washing my hands. That's right ladies and gentleman......I'm pregnant!!! I was filled with a lot of different emotions at first. The main ones being hysterical fright and complete and utter shock. After my last pregnancy ended in miscarriage, I didn't even want to think about birthing a baby again. And we are so happy and content with Milo, I didn't want anything to mess with that. But we were also thrilled, of course. We went to the doctor a few days later to find I was already 9 weeks along and things were progressing very smoothly.


So....Here we are. I'm in my thirteenth week and a few days ago we had yet another ultrasound and there was little Cletus the Fetus bouncing around like he was hopped up on something (that may have something to do with the Mountain Dew slurpee I have been drinking literally every single day for the past 3-4 weeks:)

We are so excited for Milo to be a big brother! He and Cletus the Fetus will be just over one year apart if I make it to my due date (May 12). We couldn't have asked for anything better and we are so stoked!

19 comments:

Amber said...

Holy cow! Congratulations!!! I hope everything continues to go well. :-)

The Waldram Family said...

That is the most amazing story! Congrats times a million!

Jason and Lauren Waldram

Seriously this has me smiling and I don't really even know you :)

The Dummers said...

Wow!!! That's so amazing! Congratulations!!!!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

We are really happy for you guys. love ya!

Just the 3 of us said...

Awwwww CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting! You will love having kids so close together. My kids are only 10 months apart and they are the best of friends :)

Carly said...

OH MY! HOORAY! I'M SO STOKED FOR YOU!!!! However, I DO hope that the sickness goes away and never returns!

Tara said...

that is great news the same thing happened to my aunt and uncle they tried for nine years and then adopted and poof prego in like 6 months without even trying!

Linds Forrest said...

CONGRATS!! That is so rad!! You deserve it!

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

isn't it crazy the way the lord works... gotta love it! so exciting!!!

The Jensen's said...

I am bawling my head off right now!! How awesome!!!!!!!!!! The Lord sure works in mysterious ways! We are so excited for you! Don't worry having babies close together is hard for the first 4 or 5 months, but after the inital shock its is AWESOME! I loved having my boys 16 months apart!

sadie said...

ummm... WHAT!!!! thats it. i'm calling you tomorrow!!!! congrats emily!!!

Robyn Reynolds said...

WHAT!!!! THat is so cool!!! Big bro Milo. Congrats. By the way I am freaking out!

Calli Hayman said...

YYYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!Im so glad the secrets out!!!!! YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!! Can you tell i am excited or what??!! YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Erinn said...

how exciting!! congratulations!!

Sariah said...

I can't believe it- too cool!
So as the years progressed with out any kids, I'm sure the thought crossed your mind we (you friends)would be done having kids before it was your turn to start.
Now,
you've caught up to and surpassed everyone (except Mig), in ONE year!
Your patience has paid off.
I'm so excited for you two, and little Milo!
Having your little ones so close will be fun, they can grow up best buds.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoDLin said...

I have heard of this happening before, almost like an urban legend, but you are the first folks I've actually heard from directly. Congratulations! I wish you and little Milo all the best with Cletus the Fetus (great name!)

Andrea Harper said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy shmoly!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Meggie Stevens said...

I am so glad the secrets out. I was bursting inside to tell my mom. She is was excited for you. And what is this comment from Sarge? No one will ever surpass my record of 4 kids 4 and under. It will be great to have them so close. Let me know if you need anything. Love ya!

stephanie said...

Congratulations! I have adopted three kids and also been told to not be surprised if I end up pregnant. So far that has not happened for me. but it has happened to almost all of my infertile friends. So wierd and cool.
You will be busy! But it will be great